For the most part second interview questions will focus on expanding your initial answers and delving deeper into the specific qualities that you have in relation to the job.
The interviewer likes you otherwise you wouldn’t have been called back, they are looking for a reason to give you the job, so make sure you provide them with plenty of evidence of your suitability.
You can definitely expect more questions related to your ability to perform the tasks in the job. So, in advance of the interview think about some fresh examples to demonstrate your competence. You can also go one step further and offer them ideas and solutions to their challenges, paint a picture of the results that you hope to achieve for them if given the opportunity.
It’s highly likely that they will be probing you on the specific behaviors required for the job. So make sure you are familiar with the ‘job behaviors’ in advance.
These should be listed on the job description, if not, check this out with the hiring manager. Behavioral questions can be tricky, so you are well advised to review typical questions and practice your answers in advance. You will find plenty of sample behavioral questions on this site.
In addition, you will want to demonstrate that you fit in with the team, if interviewing for a management position, you will be asked some version of what your management style is likely to be. So be prepared for questions such as these.
Remember, the second round interview is all about allowing the interviewer to gain a greater sense of you as a person, so let your personality shine through, express your skills and strengths with confidence and demonstrate that you are a good fit for the team.
In addition to preparing on these areas, review the tips in the second round interview section of the site, to give yourself the best chance of success.
Sample Second Interview Questions
Second Interview Questions – About You
– Describe your three greatest strengths as that relate to the job?
– Do you prefer to work independently or as part of a team?
– Provide an example which best demonstrates your ability to work as part of a team?
– How do you handle stress and increased responsibility?
– What are your greatest motivations?
– What do you find are the most difficult decisions to make?
– Describe the greatest disappointment you have experienced when you look back at your life?
– What would you say is your greatest accomplishment?
– If you could relive the past 5 years of your life, what would you do differently and why?
Second Interview Questions – Work
– What was your favourite aspect of your most recent position? What was your least favourite aspect of your most recent position? Why?
– What has been your highest year in terms of compensation?
– Describe how you prefer to be led or managed?
– Which of your previous supervisors has had the greatest impact on your career and why?
– Have you ever engaged in a mentor/mentee relationship? What learning’s did you take away from the relationship(s)? How did you select your mentors? Were you ever sought out as a mentor by a mentee?
Second Interview Questions – Team
– Do you prefer to work alone or as part of a team?
– Have you ever led or managed a team?
– What is your preferred organisational culture?
– What type of boss do you like to work for?
Second Interview Questions – Your Future
– Where would you like to be in 5 years? 10 years?
– What are your hopes and aspirations in terms of your career?
– Why should our organization offer you this position?
– What are some of your personal and professional goals over the next 5 years? – What steps are you taking to make these goals a reality?
– What are your income requirements? Short term and/or long term.
The second job interview is a double edge sword, on the one hand; you have been invited back because the interviewer likes you and on the other, you are now in competition with some of the strongest candidates and the stakes are even higher!
The key to staying relaxed and focused is PREPEATION – Setting aside time to review and prepare your answers to second interview questions will boost your confidence and empower you to perform at your best on the big day!
Originally posted 2016-09-06 18:34:53.